Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Again from Simplemom, since I don't seem to be making progress on 2009:

Reflection Questions for 2008
1. What was the single best thing that happened this past year?
There was more than one "single best" thing:
I got a new job, which I love, I got better from being sick, Aidan was identified as TAG (thus justifying my long-held contention that he's actually smart), we had a good visit to Erin and Barge in Boulder and a good visit from C+C in April, C+C got married and Kevin officiated, we had a good time in Mexico, we had good holidays, I have mostly accomplished my goal of switching churches, we all remain healthy, Aidan had a great JC relay experience.

2. What was the single most challenging thing that happened?
I got sick.

3. What was an unexpected joy this past year?
My brothers' new relationships, which are so much more positive than their old ones, my new job.

4. What was an unexpected obstacle?
Being sick.

5. Pick three words to describe 2008.
Happy growth and change

8. What were the best books you read this year?

9. With whom were your most valuable relationships?
Besides my family, I would say Julie (as always), MMJ, Aidan's teacher

10. What was your biggest personal change from January to December of this past year?
The change in my job, which required a correspondingly bigger lobby personality. I didn't have that personna for the five years I was in private practice, and I'm glad to have it back. It requires some adjustment, though.

11. What was an important thing you learned this year?
I learned how to manage some of Aidan's behavior by visualizing how I want a situation (the one we're in conflict over) to turn out for him--what I want his end result to be. By visualizing that, I end up changing my whole behavior and reaction to his behavior. It's much more effective.

12. In what way(s) did you grow spiritually?
I keep trying.

13. What was the most enjoyable area of managing your home?
Living in it when it was clean and the family was under control.

14. What was your most challenging area of home management?
Keeping it clean, and keeping the family organized.

No comments: