Thursday, December 4, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook--December 4, 2008

Outside My Window
It is sunny, and 40 degrees. Too late in the year for running around without stockings--I freeze every time I do it. Like today.

I am thinking about
The Christmas holiday--where we will go, who we will stay with, and if I am ever going to pull it together and decorate.

I am thankful for
My family, my job, my warm house, the fact that I re-joined my running club and started working out with them on Saturday mornings again.

From the learning room
We are going to work on drawing today, and coloring in the picture after it is done. We are also working on analogies, spelling words, and the multiplication tables--the threes!

From the kitchen
We are having split pea soup out of the crock-pot for dinner. I loooove coming home from work and having the house smell like someone's been in there cooking all day.

I am wearing
No nylons, as mentioned above, full skirt, flats, self tanner. I'm cold. Must figure something out. Boss informs me that we DO have a dress code around here, to which I said "oh, let me run right out and change . . ." He laughs, fortunately.

I am creating
Still, the grey sweater.

I am going
Nowhere. Yippee!

I am reading
Finishing up the Boleyn Inheritance--trash, but fun.

Around the house
Must. Decorate. Today.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week
I am running. Today and Saturday.

No comments: