Thursday, July 10, 2008

Southern Reading Challenge #2

I just finished Garden Spells (#2 on my list), and I really enjoyed it. It is a light, sweet book, and perfect for summer. It was also a good break between Giant and the one I'm reading now (and loving, by the way), Mudbound.

I get the impression that EVERYONE is loving Mudbound, based on the fact that our library has five copies of it, and there are at least 10 holds on each copy. Not that I wouldn't have bought the book for myself anyway--who am I kidding here--but that gave me a good excuse to go out and buy the book. In hardback, no less. When was the last time THAT happened?

Come to think of it, it was my mother that bought this one. But I would've, if she hadn't.

1 comment:

maggie moran said...

I'm thrilled you are reading Mudbound! She has agreed to a review! If you have any questions while/after reading let me know. I'll ask her and give you credit for the question! :)

Isn't Garden Spells sweet! You will be done with the program soon! :(